 CAD / Development / 6707
Re: Can LDGLite print the current orientation matrix? (feature request)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 02:01:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
I have been playing a bit around with the interactive rotation
mode in LDGLite to find a good angle on my cargo aircraft. I
think I have found it now, but how can I get LDGLite to print
the parameters as a:

a) complete set of command line arguments to LDGLite?
b) POV-Ray camera setting?

Ok the current copy of main.c in CVS has a function that does part A.
I have most of part B working, but I don't completely understand the
STEREO stuff in the location part of an l3p camera setting.  Can you
or somebody explain it?  I can create an ordinary location line like
this:

   location <cx,cy,cz> +PCT/100.0*<dx,dy,dz>

where <cx,cy,cz> is the camera location and <dx,dy,dz> is the distance
from the camera to the look_at point, but l3p adds that STEREO part and
that's where I get lost.

   location vaxis_rotate(<cx,cy,cz> +PCT/100.0*<dx,dy,dz>,
                         <ax,ay,az>,STEREO)

According to the POV docs <ax,ay,az> is an axis (through the origin?)
and STEREO is the number of degrees to rotate about that axis.  Fine,
but how does this work, since I'm not necessarily looking at the
origin with the look_at statement.  Am I missing something?  Help!

Don