 CAD / Development / 6706
Re: LDRAW crash
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 18:12:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, ludo soete wrote:

Perhaps this is alreddy known by other people, but it seems to be that LEDIT
doesn't support files longer than 1000 lines. As soon as there are 1001
lines, LEDIT crashes ( well it gives a RUNTIME ERROR 216 at ....:....).

That is a known problem with LEdit.  Jacob, thanks for adding this to the FAQ.

This means that i have to break-up my part in smaler pieces, if i want to
use LEDIT for my new part i'm creating (9V Track cross #32087).

I'm not sure of your exact meaning here, so I'm answering both possible
meanings:

Yes, if you want to *edit* your part in LEdit, you will need to break it up.

BUT, if you want to use your file as a part in a model, you do *not* need to
change it.  LEdit doesn't crash on big *part* files, it crashes on big *model*
files.

The 1000-line limit only applies to the file being edited, not the parts (and
subfiles) it uses.

Steve