 CAD / Development / 6699
  Re: LDGLite colour bug

(...) the OSMesa driver on ldraw.org. Its reproducible with just two stud3.dats or even just two 4-4disc4.dats. And it only seems to happen when lighting is enabled and and antialiased edgelines are on, even if you don't have any edgelines. I wonder (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite colour bug

(...) What do you mean by "using the Mesa driver"? In both cases the example was rendered directly on the monitor of a third (Intel based) machine over the network. Jacob (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite colour bug

(...) The third machine with the monitor is immaterial. The opengl driver runs on the machine where the ldglite executable is running. Based on your use of a remote display, I'm going to assume you're probably running linux (and most likely a Mesa (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite colour bug

(...) I suspected that, but I wasn't sure. (...) :-) Yes. (...) Correct. (...) The very same thing. Jacob (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite colour bug

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> wrote in message news:GpF5sJ.66C@lugnet.com... (...) Actually, with a remote OpenGL display setup, OpenGL drivers can be active on both machines. If Mesa supports the GLX protocol, and the machine he is (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite colour bug

(...) Really? Where can I get more information on this? I was under the impression that GLX could only accelerate locally when used with DRI. I had no idea it had its own remote rendering protocol. Is this something new in XFree 4.0? Is there any (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite colour bug

(...) I did a quick check and found a few things you should find useful. At opengl.org I found a good definition of what GLX is (which includes the remote display portion): (URL) above also contains a link to the GLX specification (which may or may (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite colour bug

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs writes: ... (...) Yes, I think that would work. Perhaps Jacob could install Mesa 4.1 on one of his (apparently) many machines and try this? I would, but I don't have the hardware available, and after all, he did start (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)