 CAD / Development / 6633
Re: L3P user primitive substitution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 23:04:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
So I'd like to propose that the current syntax be replaced with the following:

0 IFDEF <tag>
Conditional section begin
Begin non-LDraw statements in comment statement fields

0 IFNDEF <tag>
Conditional section begin
Begin DAT statements

0 ELSE
Switch between above section modes

0 ENDIF
Terminate conditional section

In the current situation, <tag> would always be POVRAY.  In the future,
other possible tag-values may be determined, such as level-of-detail settings.

So, that's all I've got to say for now.  Comments, anyone?

Just a thought.  If the POVRAY (or whatever) sections get too big,
would it make sense to add 0 INCLUDE meta-command so the LDRAW only
programs don't waste time parsing?  Then the POV specific versions
could be distributed separately from the main parts.  For example:

0 IFDEF POVRAY
0 INCLUDE pov/coolpart.pov
0 ELSE
0 boring LDRAW version of part
0 ENDIF

Sorry if this has been discussed to death already...

Don