 CAD / Development / 6184
Re: "33" Slope Shocker... Possible name change?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 01:00:24 GMT

Nice response time here on my behalf  :]  Oops

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:

Steve, I'm thinking it would be of more use to name the parts
using a "Rise/Run" method, like in architecture.  When using

Hmmm.  Off the cuff, there are two things I *don't* like about this idea.
They might be more a matter of adjusting to change, and less actual
disadvantages.  Anyway, they are:

1. The rise:run notation tends to be a close duplicate the Depth x Height
information.
2. The rise:run notation is slightly longer than the angle notation.

Yeah, I didn't like these two either, mostly the first one.  It could
be confusing.

"Slope Brick 10 6x8" doesn't mean much to me, but
"Slope Brick 1/6 6x8" does.  It tells me the brick is 1-high,
and there are no studs on top.

Actually, it should be "Slope Tile 10...", but I disgress.

ARRrrgh!!  Hehe, got it  :]

To me, either of the angle method or the rise-run methods could
work, and I can relate to both.  Ultimately you just memorize
which are which anyhow, after using them a few times.  I guess
as long as it's consistent, and doesn't stump new users, either
system can work.

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada