 CAD / Development / 6179
Re: Demo of part manipulation in isometric view
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 18:51:26 GMT

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message
  I like it!  Ultimately I suppose you'd have a toggle for finer-detail
motion, but as a demo I think it's quite cool.  Would it be possible in • the
final product to rotate the scene, or even to change the centerpoint of • the
view?  In any case, I'll be greatly interested to see where you go with
it.

Yes, I'm planning to allow at the very minimum, the ability to view any of
the eight potential isometric views (if you made a model of a cube, you
could view it with any one of the eight corners facing you).

The horizontal and vertical snap distances will be configurable to any
number of LDraw units.

The user will be able to zoom in on any part of the view he/she wants, too.