 CAD / Development / 5922 (-10)
  Re: Question on transparent printed parts

John: (...) I think Lars has modified l3p, so you can included a POV-Ray version of the part as comments in the DAT file. Something like "0 IFPOV/.../0 ELSEPOV/.../0 ENDPOV", but check Lars' latest l3p announcement. Play well, Jacob -- Where's that (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Question on transparent printed parts

(...) Right now, there's nowhere to go with POV-Ray. Well, maybe you could donate them to Lutz Uhlman's LGEO parts library, maybe. What I'd like to see happen is for the permanent l-cad organization setup an LDraw-compatible library of POV-Ray (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts needed

(oops, I posted this to the wrong group initially) Hey ya parts authors, I confess that yes, I own a few Town Jr. sets. There. *That's* out of the way. Razz away, but in a separate thread please. ;-) I'm looking for someone to create the following (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Question on transparent printed parts

(...) I've actually given this some thought too, and has considered now that I have time again to do some legos to make a povray version for each lcad version I make. But what to do with it? Kind regards John Jensen (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Question on transparent printed parts

(...) Yah, that'd be the way to go. Steve (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Question on transparent printed parts

Earlier today, I posted a 1x6 brick with the text "Shell" printed on it. I also have a version of this piece that is printed on a clear 1x6. And I'm trying to figure out how to model that in LDraw. Is there any way to control the alpha level of a (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Question on (unneeded?) lines in printed parts

(...) Type 2 lines should not be used to outline the decorated areas on printed parts, so their use in 3010p06 is incorrect. To improve the look of the part when rendered by some of the older LCAD software, it is acceptable to define type 2 lines (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Question on (unneeded?) lines in printed parts

(...) It's a backward compatibility issue: a. These lines help to identify the various printed pieces in Ledit, which does show the parts as wireframes only. b. In a Ldraw render, it prevents the background color bits "eating up" the pattern color (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Question on (unneeded?) lines in printed parts

"Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:G8238J.HGI@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) side. (...) a (...) rotate (...) help (...) directory, (...) are (...) No. Edgelines should only be used for: edges. -John Van (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Where to download LGEO?

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G83EnI.IKK@lugnet.com... (...) -Tim (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact