 CAD / Development / 5884
Re: Question about generating curves
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:23:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tony Hafner wrote:

As for BFC statements, I understand the principle and the purpose... but
I'll have to read up on the reference given by Steve before I can think
about this optimization.  I can definitely say that the printed piece I did
the other day is not consistent in facing.  And I don't have a reasonable
solution- is there a viewer out there that has the ability to flip faces for
you?  How about at least displaying how each face is oriented?

To check the BFC'ness of your file, use L3Lab.  While viewing the file,
select the Test | mytest6 menu option.  This will color-code all the
rendered surfaces.  Green is the front/outside of correctly wound surfaces,
Red is the back/inside, and blue is used for quads that aren't wound
correctly (ie, they're specified like 1324 instead of 1234 or 4321).

Blue is also used for subfiles that aren't BFC compliant.  If you use the
standard p-files, you'll see a lot of blue.

A part which is completely, correctly BFC-compliant would appear all green.

LDraw Add-on has a function in it text Editor to reverse the winding of
polygons.  You can get LDAO from its long-standing, temporary location at
<http://members.home.net/steve.bliss/ldao/test/ldaosetup.exe>.

Steve