 CAD / Development / 5597 (-5)
  Re: File Naming Protocol for Patterned Parts

This is a proposal for a new meta-statement/header line for parts files. I'm hanging this off the pattern-id discussion, because it relates to patterned parts. The basic idea is this: right now, there are three ways to see if there is a relation (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: File Naming Protocol for Patterned Parts

Forward: I'd rather stick with using P as the patterned-element designator. Add letters to the suffix, to allow up to 1296 patterns per part. If this is not enough, then define another letter-designator in addition to the P. If we get 1500 patterns (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: *** The best LEGO CAD software ? ***

(...) But I hope you can tell later! Perhaps other programs can use the idea too, and get better! Anders Isaksson (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: File Naming Protocol for Patterned Parts

(...) Rather than the suggestion of using alpha characters, in the "pattern number", have we considered allowing other characters in the sixth position - so we allow nnnnnp00-nnnnnp99 nnnnnq00-nnnnnq99, nnnnnr00-nnnnnr99, etc as valid patterned part (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: *** The best LEGO CAD software ? ***

(...) You think YOU'RE happy? I'm ecstatic! WooHoo! I've loved MLCad from the first moment I saw it, and after I downloaded it (version 1.9R4) I loved it even more! Then came version 1.99R1, and now that MLCad supports modelling primitives so much (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact