 CAD / Development / 5437
Re: what should I call this part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 18:48:06 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Bradley Dale writes:
In lugnet.cad, Jonathan Wilson writes:
its found in the roboriders (in red and black in lava)
its a wierd sort of liftarm thing
it has a part number of 32308

I am going to be attempting this part (and yes I do have one, 2
accually) in ldraw and I want to know what to call it.

Call it a liftarm.  What's wrong with that?

Well, for one thing, the term "liftarm" is highly ambiguous.  For example,
there are 17 different elements labeled "Technic Liftarm" in the Partsref:

   http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=liftarm

Most of those aren't really liftarms, but it's a category.  Maybe it fits in
there, but IMHO it also needs a size and shape designation in addition to just
calling it a liftarm.  2825 and 32079 might arguably be the only true liftarm
elements.

--Todd

[xfut => .cad.dev]