 CAD / Development / 5360
  Re: part skins (was Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts)

(...) Yes indeedy, and coincidentally I slung together the beginnings of such a program tonight. You feed it the outlines of the features of the printed element, along with a "color seed" inside each colored region, and it generates the triangles (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: part skins (was Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts)

(...) Cool beans! (...) Define "feed" in this context... an ordered vertex list? That's still hard to do, what is needed is an app that lets me create these regions superimposed on a bitmap. (...) Er, ah, kind of like that. (...) I think this is an (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: part skins (was Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts)

(...) You are correct on both points. The primary value of the tool at this point is that it removes the tedium of defining polygons to connect vertices. It's a start! (...) Your edge-detection suggestion is certainly the ideal, but would get a bit (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)