 CAD / Development / 523
Re: More parts feedback
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 23:16:24 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36dc5cd4.12366728@lugnet.com>...
Here are my comments on the remainder of the parts in the vote.

3900.dat    Minifig Tool Signal Holder (needs work)
- Interesting positioning of the part - not centered on a stud, not
  positioned to be gripped by a minifig.

This really should be fixed before the update.  The center of the shaft
should be at x=0, z=0.  I would put the bottom of the shaft at y=0, too.

425p01.dat  Baseplate 32 x 32 Road 3 Lane with Road And Crosswalk
           Pattern
- If edge-lines are going to be included around patterned areas, they
  should be drawn first, and *in the complementary color*.

Why do you say this?  I think since they are not really "edge lines", they
should be in one of the colors which touch the border.

70749.dat   Minifig Knife
- Use this number, this part won't be released in non-chrome
- Or use 70749a, since 70749 is probably the number of the
  two-knives-on-sprue part.
- That tip is too flattened.

Terry, why don't you take this one out of the vote 'till I can take a closer
look at fixing this.

71427.dat   Electric 9V Mini-Motor
- Keep this part number.
- Only nit is that axle can be turned.  But that's a minor problem.

I'd be happy to release this as a shortcut with the axle separated.  Someone
doing an animation might want to rotate it.  How are the other motors done?

-John Van