 CAD / Development / 528
Re: More parts feedback
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 02:45:40 GMT

John VanZwieten writes:
Steve Bliss wrote in message <36dc5cd4.12366728@lugnet.com>...

3900.dat    Minifig Tool Signal Holder (needs work)
- Interesting positioning of the part - not centered on a stud, not
  positioned to be gripped by a minifig.

This really should be fixed before the update.  The center of the shaft
should be at x=0, z=0.  I would put the bottom of the shaft at y=0, too.

I think I'd center the stud on y=0.

425p01.dat  Baseplate 32 x 32 Road 3 Lane with Road And Crosswalk
           Pattern
- If edge-lines are going to be included around patterned areas, they
  should be drawn first, and *in the complementary color*.

Why do you say this?  I think since they are not really "edge lines", they
should be in one of the colors which touch the border.

That would work, too.  But black doesn't work.

71427.dat   Electric 9V Mini-Motor
- Keep this part number.
- Only nit is that axle can be turned.  But that's a minor problem.

I'd be happy to release this as a shortcut with the axle separated.  Someone
doing an animation might want to rotate it.  How are the other motors done?

The Technic micro-motor is all one file.  Which is fine -- isn't its shaft
circular?

The Technic Electric 9V Motor (2937A.dat) is done in three subfiles -- the
base, the top and the shaft.  The shaft looks (on casual viewing) like it's
the same as the mini-motor shaft/base.  That would make things somewhat easier
for you...

Steve