 CAD / Development / 4936
Re: Fix for LDAO 2.1.4 ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:36:11 GMT

I found it.  Its date is 11/99.  I'll try that one for the time being.

Managed to get my system up again.  It was pretty amusing.  I caused much more
damage than LDAO ever did.  I hosed my windows directory, then realized I
didn't have the correct lines in Autoexec.bat and config.sys to get DOS CD-rom
drivers loaded.  But I had hosed Edit.exe !!!!  So I had to use the Copy Con
method to build new files!!!  But all's well that ends well.  I'm just glad I
took a course in college where they made us learn DOS.

The upshot is my system runs much faster now.  Again, thanks for the help, and
keep working on LDAO.  You've got more guts than me, putting your own creation
out there for others to thrash and complain about.  Nobody outside my house is
_ever_ going to see my cobbled-together Quicken substitute!

James Wilson

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, James Wilson wrote:

On a related note, is there any way to get the previous version of LDAO?  I'm
hoping I'll be able to find it somewhere on my system, once I'm back up...

The previous version should be in the ldao\backup directory...

Steve