 CAD / Development / 4932
Re: Fix for LDAO 2.1.4 ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:27:12 GMT

Steve,
Thanks for the update, and the link to the other thread.  If I had found it (I
searched for "2.1.4" and got 0 hits, but that should be the subject of a
different thread), I would't have posted my message.

On a related note, is there any way to get the previous version of LDAO?  I'm
hoping I'll be able to find it somewhere on my system, once I'm back up...

Thanks again,
James

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, James Wilson wrote:

This is more for Steve Bliss, but if anyone else can help, I'd welcome that,
too...
Is there a fix for LDAO 2.1.4?

Not at this time.  People who already have a (recent-but-older) version of
LDAO installed can try grabbing the update-only file -- it's listed at the
bottom of the LDAO download page,
<http://blisses.home.att.net/ldao/download.html>.

I've got a few other things going, I haven't had a decent chance to dig
around with Wise InstallMaster to figure out what went wrong.

I saw a post on LUGNET that it will hose Win98
systems.   unfortunately, I saw the post after I tried to install it on my
computer at home...  and it is hosed.  I booted from a floppy and copied the
installation log file so I could print it at work...  If I go thru and • replace
the files in Windows/System that were replaced by the install (looking at the
install log file), will that fix it, or is a full reinstall in order?

I posted a description of what I did to get a machine working again.  See
<http://www.lugnet.com/cad/?n=4107>.

It seems logical that manually-processing the install log will let you undo
the damage.  I have not investigated the workings of Wise's uninstall
feature, so I can't give you much advice that way.

Steve