 CAD / Development / 4911
  Re: Planes for a new download-tool (2)

You cant put java code into a DLL. java sounds good but then the user has to install the java runtime to run the thing. (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Planes for a new download-tool (2)

In lugnet.cad.dev, Rui Manuel Silva Martins writes: <SNIP> <INSERT JAVA> (...) Ok, let us use Java, never used it but I always like to learn new things :-) Regarding the file, I would like to deal with the generic info file on ldraw.org (currently (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Planes for a new download-tool (2)

(...) Than we would need a installation tool which also installs the runtime environment first ... naaa then I prefere portable c/c++ code and make the Dll directly ... Michael (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Planes for a new download-tool (2)

(...) Well, I think the ideia is to be able to download something right ? So by implication, we are almost forced to use a www browser, so we can build a java applet, which runs within our browser. And if it's run from our personal computer, then we (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Planes for a new download-tool (2)

Sure but you sayed you would like to have a tool with command-line options (forgetting the fact that I planned to integrate that into my install-tool for MLCad .. cause this was though to be a trial test) and then you start the browser .... Realy I (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Planes for a new download-tool (2)

(...) OK, we could have a config file, created by the aplication (applet), when there isn't one, which the user could than edit, or even run the applet with parameters, which I believe is posible, but I'm Not sure (haven't worked on Java for 2 years (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Planes for a new download-tool (2)

Yesterday I did some tests and I found out, that just the MFC-code is using the user-preferences for proxies and other internet-settings on NT and 98. So I feel at least under Windows I HAVE TO GO the MFC way :-( However a different point is that (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)