 CAD / Development / 490
    Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw —Steve Bliss
   (...) Why don't we reference these part numbers as comments in the part-file, perhaps on a 0 KEYWORDS line? Although that would be a headache to deal with, making sure that all new parts get all the appropriate part numbers... Steve (25 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw —John VanZwieten
   (...) about (...) part (...) That still wouldn't make it possible in Ldraw to (I)nsert a new piece, change the (P)art number, then type the part number of the part which is in your hand, and have it inserted. Multi-part parts are a problem, of (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw —Steve Bliss
   (...) True, you wouldn't be able to use the related part numbers as parts, but you could search for them (especially once some software uses the KEYWORDS and CATEGORY meta-commands) (...) That would be the problem. Are these real parts, or not? If (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)