 CAD / Development / 4860
Re: Speaking of colors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 07:38:22 GMT

Is there anywhere I can find a list of all specific colors that are used?
-Matt
Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:

If this is what people are using for black rubber, I can update L3DView • to
make it so that this color is less shiny (or perhaps not shiny at all).

I think it makes sense to use a special code for rubber, and 256 sounds
like a good choice.

Also, should the colors between 256 and 511 be displayed with a black • edge
color?  Does it really matter one way or another?  I am currently using
color 8 (dark grey) as the edge color for these colors.

Let's see.  In LDraw, if dithered color K is constructed out of solid
colors I and J as 256 + I * 16 + J, I believe the edge-color of K will be
the edge-color of J.  This makes sense -- LDraw has a 16-entry array of
edge-colors, and to get an edge-color for any color value, just mask off
everything but the low bits -- EdgeColor(ColorValue bit-and 15).

I like L3Lab's option to show all edges as black.  And LDLite's COLOR
command allows you to specify any defined color as the edge-color (for the
color being defined).

Steve