 CAD / Development / 4801
Re: Speaking of colors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 07:57:24 GMT

Color 256 for Black Rubber was suggested by John VanZwieten
one year ago, see eg. http://www.lugnet.com/cad/?n=2069
I haven't received any suggestions for the POV setting for rubber,
so I just turned off reflection.

I announced the special treatment of color 256 three weeks ago:
http://www.lugnet.com/announce/?n=647 (a small note though :-)

I'm not too satisfied with my chrome POV setting.
If anybody has a good one, please let me know.

Also I would like settings for gold, and the new silver.
How does silver look compared to chrome?
Does TLG use another technique for manufacturing?

And I don't think there ever was a conclusion of the
smoke colored cockpit color see http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=4530

I don't know what edgecolors should be used for colors 256-511,
nor for 0x2000000-0x7FFFFFF
/Lars

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com> wrote in message news:FxBG1y.213@lugnet.com...
I noticed that the m6596a.dat file which comes with the new version of L3Lab
uses color 256 (black + black) for the tires.  These apparently display in
L3Lab with a black edge color.  In addition, Lars' renderings of this model
on his L3P page appear to use a non-shiny surface for these tires.  Is 256
the standard color being used for black rubber?  Does L3P actually treat it
as black rubber, or are the generated files modified after the fact?  If it
has not been done already, does it make sense to so declare that color 256
should be black rubber?  It is exactly the same RGB value as color 0, so
there is no real reason to use it as standard black.

If this is what people are using for black rubber, I can update L3DView to
make it so that this color is less shiny (or perhaps not shiny at all).
Also, should the colors between 256 and 511 be displayed with a black edge
color?  Does it really matter one way or another?  I am currently using
color 8 (dark grey) as the edge color for these colors.

Enquiring developers want to know.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com)
(Remove .REMOVE from address to send me e-mail.)