 CAD / Development / 4805
Re: Category Statement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:08:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Michael Lachmann writes:
I thought about making use of the category statement in MLCad. This would
have allowed to group the parts by category rather than by name or something
else ....

... but I did a quick check on the parts and found out that only arround 5%
of the parts do have this statement included ....

therefor I think it doesn't make sence to implement such a strategy into
MLCad, or how do you think about it?
Are there any planes to add category statements to all the parts of the
library?

I'd say there are no plans to add statements for all part files.

The 'default value' for category is the first word in the partname.  Since,
3001.dat doesn't have a 0 CATEGORY statement, its category comes from the part
name, and the category Brick.

Steve