 CAD / Development / 4669
Re: ldglite and Mesa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 01:03:45 GMT

On Sun, 14 May 2000, Leonardo Zide wrote:

  libMesaGL is obsolete, you should link programs to libGL instead
because some PCs now have OpenGL drivers for the 3D cards and the only
way for a program to find them is if you link to libGL. Symlinks should
work too, that's not the best solution but if you decide to make them
don't forget to run ldconfig after.
What's ldconfig?:)

??? You are way above me :) What I have is a executable: ldglite
When I try to execute it it complains about a missing file:
libMesaGLU.so.3

I also have Mesa-3.2 which installs without problems...
I also have glut-3.6 which during installation (as far as I can tell)
complains about some missing files, theese are libMesaGLU.so and
libMesaGL.so
I guess the two problems are different sides of the same coin, but what do
I do to solve it? As I stated before.... "Me know nothing .... Me learn it
from a book"

  If that still doesn't work, give me a better description of your
problem and I'll be able to help you.
Does the above suffice?

Also it looks like there's some version og glut coming with Mesa, does
this mean that I don't need to install glut afterwards?

  Glut is not going to be updated anymore, and it's not LGPL either. The
latest version of Mesa (3.2) comes with a makefile for GLUT so I think
you only need to unpack the source there and it should compile (haven't
tested it myself).
Well I have the source for Mesa 3.2 and Glut 3.6, but what's LGPL?

btw... The ldglite is version 0.5b I got it in a file called
ldglite0_5b_l.zip and theres only one file in it..

Leonardo

Regards/Mvh.
John Jensen