 CAD / Development / 4672
Re: ldglite and Mesa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 16:26:55 GMT

On Wed, 17 May 2000, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

Don:

The problem with the missing library can be handled by
grabbing these two RPM packages somewhere:

   Mesa-3.1-1.i386.rpm
   Mesa-glut-3.1-1.i386.rpm

(and installing them)

Go to ldglite.sourceforge.net and get ldglitesrc0_6pre8.zip.  Then send me
an email at dheyse@hotmail.com.

I think the problem can be easily solved by providing links to the specific
missing libraries (taking into to account that they must exist, compile them)

I believe that the actual path where to place the links is:

/usr/local/lib

I have tried to compile LDGLite myself without much success,
so I would appreciate some advice. This is how far I got:

$ unzip -uoa ldglitesrc0_6pre8.zip
[...]
$ cd ldglite
$ make -f makefile.linux
gcc -c -g -DUNIX -DUSE_OPENGL ldliteVR_main.c
gcc -c -g -DUNIX -DUSE_OPENGL stub.c
stub.c:26: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [stub.o] Error 1
$

Where can I find "GL/glut.h"?

You can find it in Glut distribution, that is to say in the Mesa distribuition,
since it later versions include it.

If you try to compile some of the GLut examples that come with Mesa you will
probably have the same problems, and "readme" file in the distribuition actually
explains where these links and files should be.

After you succesfully compile one of the GLUT examples, you will usrelly be able
to compile LDGlite, unless it contains errors ;)

P.S.
I haven't tryed to compile LDGlite (in Linux) myself, but I have successfully
installed MESA and GLUT, and I had these common problems, which are easily
solved by reading the "readme" file (Not exactly "readme" filename, but
probably a similar one).

See ya

Rui Martins