 CAD / Development / 4673
Re: ldglite and Mesa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 17:30:57 GMT

John Jensen wrote:

What's ldconfig?:)

  It's a program that creates a list of the dynamic libraries you have
in your system. It begins with "ld" but has nothing to do with LDraw,
run (as root) /sbin/ldconfig.

??? You are way above me :) What I have is a executable: ldglite
When I try to execute it it complains about a missing file:
libMesaGLU.so.3

  Run "/sbin/ldconfig -p | grep GL" and see what's listed in the output.
If you don't see libMesaGLU.so.3 then it's not installed in a place
where the linker expects to find it. Take a look at places like
/usr/local/lib/, /usr/lib/ and /usr/X11R6/lib and see if you can find
libMesaGL.

  If you can find it in any of those places, make sure the directory is
in /etc/ld.conf and the run ldconfig.

I guess the two problems are different sides of the same coin, but what do
I do to solve it? As I stated before.... "Me know nothing .... Me learn it
from a book"

  You're better than me, I don't even have a book to learn from. :)

Leonardo