 CAD / Development / 4625
Re: LDS ver 0.31 - Added PIPE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 09:07:11 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

Tore,

This might be an old issue (I'm pretty sure it's not new with v0.31).  When I
compile a file with this code:

MIRROR +X +Z
2 24 -3 0 4 3 0 4
MIRROR OFF

I expect to get:

2 24 -3 0 4 3 0 4
2 24 -3 0 -4 3 0 -4
2 24 4 0 3 4 0 -3
2 24 -4 0 3 -4 0 -3

But instead, I get:

2 24 -3 0 4 3 0 4
2 24 3 0 4 -3 0 4
2 24 -3 0 -4 3 0 -4
2 24 3 0 -4 -3 0 -4

I'm not sure there's a good way to change this ('fix' would be too strong a
word).  But it would be nice to generate code that has multiple symmetry.

Steve,

I don't want to 'fix' it. There are too many applications for the MIRROR function as it works today*). If I read you
correctly, you don't want the object mirrored x- and z-way, but duplicated around the y-axis.
So maybe I can create a new function that takes care of that. I've already made a separate program that does this, so it
shouldn't be impossible to implement it into LDS.

/Tore

*) Just one example: I used the MIRROR function on the Pirates Flag. Viewing it from the front, the rugged part points
to the right. Viewing from the back, the rugged part points to the left. That's what I call mirroring. If the MIRROR
function had *rotated* each line, the back side of the flag would have looked scrambled.