 CAD / Development / 4472 (-5)
  Re: Voting Open for LCAD Parts Update 2000-01

(...) It would probably be good enough to keep the "tip" in one, non-bendable part. Sure, I can think of situations where one would put only the outer part of the tip into something, causing the other part to bend. But that would probably be quite (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 30377.dat Battle Droid Arm

(...) I'm not positive, but I think the R2-D2 may be part of a larger class of Astromech droids. (Not all R2 units have hemispherical heads like R2-D2.) C-3PO (and TC-14) are Protocol Droids, IIRC. [crossposted to .starwars for verification :-] (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Voting Open for LCAD Parts Update 2000-01

(...) here's one solution: linetype 6 can be used multiple times in a row, with the x, y, and z set to where the curve must pass through, and the orientation to what the tube must look like in that position. hey, it *MIGHT* work. another, MUCH (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Voting Open for LCAD Parts Update 2000-01  [DAT]

(...) I could redo the part, slicing it into sections that are 4LDU long. To properly package, this, each distinct/unique section should be made into a subpart file, and the main part files would be a list of these subparts. Taking this approach, (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Voting Open for LCAD Parts Update 2000-01

(...) No hassle felt on my end--I feel stupid that I went to all the work of figuring out the angles, and then didn't document them. (...) Good point. We should definitely try harder to document part-usage. (...) Now that you mention the complete (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact