 CAD / Development / 438
  Soccer ball name

(...) I don't know for sure if "soccer" is used in Australia or not, but in either case, isn't "soccer" guaranteed not to be ambiguous, unlike "football" or "fussball"? In Brasil, do you say "football" or "soccer"? If you don't say "soccer," what (...) (25 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Soccer ball name

(...) In the beginning of the century, some british came here and started playing football. At that time it was common to use words from other languages but as the time passed we changed those words to portuguese and now we call it "futebol". (...) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Soccer ball name

let's just say that in France nothing comes to mind when you say soccer, it doesn't come close to any name which we use. I'm ready to bet that it is the same in Brazil (BTW we won the world cup :-P ) Todd Lehman a écrit dans le message ... (...) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Soccer ball name

(...) I only get the one copy -- the one you e-mail to me (assuming it makes it to me OK, which is highly probable but not guaranteed). I also see a copy of the article you posted when I read via NNTP. If I were reading lugnet.cad.dev via e-mail (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Soccer ball name

(...) Yes, but you didn't have a LEGO set for your team. :-P Unless those unconfirmed rumors were true. Nah, Matt would have had some by now... Steve (25 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)