 CAD / Development / 4142 (-10)
  Re: Recursive MPD files (WAS: Re: Lich (Undead Wizard))

(...) I don't think this can be fixed (although any serious syntax-check-type utility should catch it). So any program which processes LDraw files must check the reference-chain for recursive calls. I think it hasn't been an issue because most (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Recursive MPD files (WAS: Re: Lich (Undead Wizard))

Don Heyse wrote... (...) I guess it hasn't been much of a problem before, since most primitives have "strange" names. The problem is not related to MPD - same problem if you had ring2.dat in the MODELS directory. I will add a loop-check to (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Recursive MPD files (WAS: Re: Lich (Undead Wizard))  [DAT]

Oops... :-( I've fixed it (I hope). Thanks, Franklin 0 FILE lich2.dat 0 MPD Author: Franklin W. Cain 0 0 This .MPD was compiled using M-Peedy 0 (URL) Lich (an Undead Wizard) 0 Unofficial Model 0 Author: Franklin W. Cain (fwcain@yahoo.com) 0 1 0 0 (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Recursive MPD files (WAS: Re: Lich (Undead Wizard))

(...) The lich is evil I tell ya! Well maybe just recursive MPD files are evil. Do you realize ring2.dat is an ldraw primitive and that by redefining it in the MPD file you've created an infinite loop of dat file includes. ring2.dat -> flame3.dat -> (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Organizing the LDraw CD-ROM

Sounds cool, I just got a burner, so if someone could supply me with blanks i could do some of the burning. That is, of course, thats you haven't made preps with a pro CD makeing company. If you get all the people intrested in LDraw and who own (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MPD spec.. don't forget M-Peedy

I have built a Win9x/NT MPD builder/splitter (URL) easier than having to deal with DOS command lines, batch files or compiling your own .EXE and links to it area available here (and have been for some time) under the CAD/Tools secction (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

(...) I think $10 is a fair asking price (no more) for the CD, and the profits will go into an account for jumpstarting ldraw.org (its own server?)/future Virtual Lego events (a la illusive .datFest). The money should be distributed via a vote of (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD spec

(...) Also agree ! But, lets try to make everybody happy ! ;) (...) I don't quite agree with that, because this new format does not need to be just a way to gather a few DAT files, It can be a lot more, but without forgetting that it should be kept (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD spec

(...) OK! (...) Where is that documented ? Does it have parameters ? I personally, never heard about that Meta command ! Does a regular (extended) .DAT also suport this or is just an MPD specific meta command ? I think it's the later. [...SNIP. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD spec

Steve: (...) Yes. I think that the right format for these alternative uses is gzipped tar files. There is Open Source code available for reading this format, and there is no need to go through a specification and implementation process. Play well, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact