 CAD / Development / 3923
  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

(...) And that 50Mb animation I searched for in vain! (...) That's why I'd prefer a CD-r and not a CD-ROM. Then if the CD-r is left open, at least we who have a writer could update the CD. It's getting more and more common at my work that we obtain (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

(...) Good idea! Animations done with LDraw and POV-Ray SHOULD be included if we can collect them all. (...) at least we who have a writer could update the CD. I really don't see how this is much different than a link on the CD pointing to official (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

Note, I'm in the press the CD camp... at least for now, but I reserve the right to change sides. :-) (...) I think the idea is that the CD-r is something that could be updated with new stuff but still using the same jacket, just a small sticker (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

(...) The general public wouldn't know if it's a CD or CD-R. The only way to tell is (a) your obsolete CD drive can't read CD-R disks (b) you have a CD-R(W) drive or software which reports the type of the disc. Steve (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

(...) Attention: Not all the people who have a PC have a CD writer ! Don't forget that. Also, don't forget the kids, there are still a lot of people who buy a pc for their children to play games, but the parents aren't interested in the pc. (...) I (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)