 CAD / Development / 3912
  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

(...) How do you suggest going about determining how many people will buy the CD? BTW - the Jessiman family requested 50 copies already at cost. :) (...) Another good idea I didn't think of. Me also being banking/finance illiterate, would this go (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

(...) Well, that's a good question. There isn't much of anything that better determines who will buy it than asking people to pay for it up front, which is what I was suggesting be done with an X account. That way you don't have checks to worry (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

(...) Are you referring to www.x.com, or is X a type of account at a normal bank? (...) I do think that they should get as many CDs as they like for cost, because of the family connection to James and also because they gave us permission to produce (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

(...) I'm referring to www.x.com but I'm not sure what you mean by "normal" bank. :-) I got checks printed by them with my name on them, I can go to a local ATM and use the debit card to get money out of the account, just like any other checking (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

(...) Ok, well I guess it was better phrased 'traditional bank,' and I was referring to a building with a foundation, four walls, and people who work inside. One that has a canopy you can drive under and press buttons. :) I guess internet- based (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

(...) If we're going to talk money, we should - Decide on a name for the group - Pick some bylaws - Elect a treasurer Once we've got a treasurer, that person can obtain an account, and deal with collections and payments. Steve (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)