 CAD / Development / 3850
  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) Actually the Windows version of LeoCAD takes 0.35 seconds to render on my P2 350 with a TNT card (the Linux version should be more a less the same speed). I don't use display lists, I use vertex buffers or CVA's if the driver supports it. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) Well I haven't read the section of the book on vertex arrays yet. From a quick glimpse I suspect they won't help me much since I'm using the LDRAW files rather than a converted database of parts. I'm surprised you don't use display lists at a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) I haven't looked at your code but it looks like you're using a single buffered window, that's a huge slowdown since drivers are optimized for games and games use double buffered windows and of course, a single buffer window is always slower. I (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)