 CAD / Development / 3695
Re: [LDS] Is the keyword PLOT free?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:38:27 GMT

I believe PLOT is currently unused by all known LDRAW utilities.

I'm not too keen on the compiler modifying the source file, but that's your
decision.

So <sectors> is how many points to generate, and <total_sectors> is the total
number of sectors in a circle?

Steve

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:

A new version of LDS is just about ready to be uploaded.
I have added a new function that has no real name yet, but I think PLOT
is a candidate.

What it does is hard to explain, but I'll try:

It plots the coordinates of a curve and creates an array list back in
the .LDS file.
It has no efect on the output .DAT file

Syntax:
PLOT @Pnn  [sectors total_sectors]  x y z  a b c  d e f  g h i

Example:
PLOT @P10  8 16  0 0 0  10 0 0  0 0 10  0 0 0
will modify the .LDS file to:
'PLOT @P10  8 16  0 0 0  10 0 0  0 0 10  0 0 0
P10  10 0 0
P11  9.239 3.827 0
P12  7.071 7.071 0
P13  3.827 9.239 0
P14  0 10 0
P15  -3.827 9.239 0
P16  -7.071 7.071 0
P17  -9.239 3.827 0
P18  -10 0 0
This is useful when primitives can't be used because of pattern
complexity.

Together with Anders Isaksson's brilliant LDS Shell*, parts authoring is
made easier!

My question is: Is the keyword PLOT reserved somewhere in the world of
LCAD, or may I use it?
Or could someone suggest a more adequate name to it?

/Tore

*) LDS Shell is a shell program that has an Edit window to the left and
an LDLite window to the right. Extremely useful, even for authoring .DAT
files directly for those unfamiliar to LDS.