 CAD / Development / 352
Re: My proposal for new element orientation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:18:17 GMT

That won't work all the time.  In the L3G0 library, the rule was the
vertical axis should pass through the center of the bottom-left stud
when the brick is held such that the "LEGO" logo is right-side-up,
and the bottom of the brick rested on the plane of the horizontal axis.

It was pointed out that some bricks, (wing bricks if I recall), had
been produced with the logo going two different ways, depending
on which year the piece was produced.

Bram Lambrecht wrote:There is the word "LEGO" on the studs... we could
orient pieces so that

"LEGO" is right-side up when seen from the front 3/4 view (for pieces
with studs up, of course)