 CAD / Development / 3371
Re: Old Parts replaced by Newer Versions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 20:52:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jamie Obrien writes:
Hi, i was just looking over some of my older space sets, and was
wondering whether the parts in LDraw should include the older versions
of parts that have been upgraded over the years?

In general, yes, we try to include variants where these are either visibly
different (like solid-stud vs. hollow stud minifig heads), or functionally
different.

It's all a matter of priority (and access to the parts themseleves). What is
most important - new parts or variants of already modelled parts?

I'd say functionally-different variants are pretty important.  Jamie's example
of the "Plate  1 x  1 with Clip Light" is one example of an important variation.
An example that has been discussed at length on L-CAD and lugnet.cad.dev at
length.

But it all comes down to the fact that whatever part-authors want to contribute
is what we get.

Steve