 CAD / Development / 3191
    Re: DAT to DXF —Lars C. Hassing
   Jaco van der Molen (Sjaacko) wrote ... (...) (URL) lacks a link to 3DWin: (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        DAT to DXF again —Erik Olson
   Last night, frustrated by other bugs in BrickDraw3D, I looked at DXF translation. First, I found a reference to many 3D formats, which could be useful to many: (URL) wrote some Perl scripts which create DXF models which I import to Vectorworks. I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: DAT to DXF again —Don Heyse
     (...) Would that be done in the BLOCK - ENDBLK section? It's been eeeeons since I did any DXF output, but that seems to ring a bell. And this link seems to back me up. (URL) luck, Don (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: DAT to DXF again —Don Heyse
   (...) A google search for Autocad and lego turns up these nifty links. (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: DAT to DXF again —Don Heyse
   (...) Oops! Cut n paste error. I somehow lost this one. (6 URLs) this helps. Don (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: DAT to DXF again —Don Heyse
   (...) You're not the only one who wants that. See here: (URL) we have a few utilities, but no comprehensive system that I know of which could be used to design models in AutoCAD. There are programs that seem geared to creating parts in AutoCAD and (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: DAT to DXF again —Manfred Moolhuysen
   (...) I would like to discuss this because I'm not sure that would be the best path to follow. Translating (AutoCad) volume models into (Ldraw) face models could proove to be difficult. Maybe you're better off to build the Autocad model with faces (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: DAT to DXF again —Don Heyse
   (...) Can you make an AutoCAD block out of more primitive AutoCAD blocks? I don't know. That's why I'd like see some simple examples exported to DXF from AutoCAD. I don't really care whether an AutoCAD version of the parts uses volumes or faces, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: DAT to DXF again —Manfred Moolhuysen
   (...) Yes, just like Ldraw Prinitives, Autocad Blocks are nestable. And to my knowledge without limits. (...) I can make a simple AutoCad model representing an instance of the box5.dat primitive to see what you can make of that (plus some (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)