 CAD / Development / 2864
Re: File format for set inventories?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:21:46 GMT

Gary Williams skrev i meddelandet ...
Steve Bliss wrote in message <37e651b1.241662776@lugnet.com>...
Anders Isaksson and I were discussing an inter-program communication
protocol (using the WM_COPYDATA message) for allowing parts to be dragged
from his LDList program into my LDAO program's editor.  It would be great
if we could agree on a standard for dragon drop between all LCAD programs
(at least, a standard for LCAD in Windows).

Interesting.  If a standard is made, I will support it.

As soon as more than one program accepts it, it's a standard :-) (But not
before)
Feel free to mail me for the details in the LDList end - ask Steve about the
receiving end.

In principle I am just sending a WM_COPYDATA message with a structure
containing (among other things) the part file name. There's also some
negotiation so I know if the window under the cursor is accepting this type of
D&D.

(LDList is written in Borland Pascal (Delphi 2.0))

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm