 CAD / Development / 2844
2843  |  2845
Subject:
File format for set inventories?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 16:38:55 GMT

Hello again,

For the Lego CAD program I'm developing, I got the idea for allowing users
to load a set inventory file.  Then the parts from that set would appear in
a part bin window.  As the user dragged parts out of this bin to build their
model, the bin would become emptier, thus reducing the time required to find
the needed parts.

So...I'd like to propose the development of some standard set inventory file
format that other developers would agree to support.  I'm sure other
programs could also benefit from this format (inventory tracking programs,
perhaps).

I think it should be text-based like the DAT file format.

A line beginning with '0' would be a comment; for any other line, the first
number would be the quantity of that part, the second number would be the
DAT file name, the third number would be a color code.  Or something similar
to this.

Any ideas/suggestions/comments?

-Gary