 CAD / Development / 2839
Re: new Windows-based Lego CAD program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 06:16:47 GMT

Thanks!
BTW, I have a model of Tux I've been saving for a Linux
release (Converted to LDRAW type-3 lines from a DXF file).

-gyug

Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

Gary Williams:

I'm developing a new Windows-based Lego CAD program

[...]

It looks like there are lots of people writing LDraw
renderers and editors at the moment.

I would like to suggest that they also start releasing the
source code[1] so we can get a bit of code reuse.

I suppose I should show a good example, so I have uploaded
my Linux/Unix driver program for the LDLite rendering
engine. - I don't think it quite works yet, but I haven't
worked on it for a long time, so I can just as well make it
available for other to work on. It can be found at
<URL:http://hugin.ldraw.org/meyer/LEGO/V%E6rkt%F8j/LDLite_for_Linux/>.

I am also playing around with some "database oriented" tools
for fast rendering of LDraw files. They can be found at
<URL:http://hugin.ldraw.org/meyer/LEGO/V%E6rkt%F8j/ZBPM_Tools/>.

Play well,

Jacob

1) I _am_ aware that several people already do publish the
   source code for their programs.

      --  E-mail:        sparre@cats.nbi.dk         --
      --  Web...:  <URL:http://www.ldraw.org/FAQ/>  --