 CAD / Development / 2626
Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 22:44:42 GMT

At 12:46 PM 8/14/99 , Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Tim,

You need to fix that bug in your poster SW that is not referencing quite
correctly! :-) I keep having trouble finding your replies. Well, found
it so here I am.

Yeah, I'm annoyed by it too.  I quick glanced over my program's (Eudora Pro
4.2) options and couldn't see anything connected to the problem with my
replies to the group.  That's why I'm including your personal email address
in this message, and also Cc'ing it to Todd.

If anyone who uses Eudora Pro with Lugnet groups by mail has fixed the
problem, please let me know.  I'm also looking on how to enable a Reply To:
field in Eudora, its not in the options either.  Todd?

And the funny thing is, the built in automatic spell check claims the word
'Eudora' is a misspelling. :)

To net it out, I agree with you, mostly, on this. (and I tend to think
of you and Bram as adults, BTW(1) )

The question is, is there anything salvagable? If there is (and it's not
my call, it's the cad.dev regulars, I'm just a gadfly), is the time and
effort likely to pay off? If the judgement is, "maybe" (and again, not
my call, it's the call of whoever volunteers to take on the
"babysitting") then I think drawing sets is more likely to be value add
to the community sooner than several other activities I can think of.
That's all I'm saying there. Based on your offline note to me I sort of
think you already agree.

I'm not disagreeing that having sets in LDraw format in the OMR is
beneficial.  I think its *very* beneficial.  But I want to make sure the
author of these sets is taking the time to be careful about accuracy.  But
you do have a point, it does give the group immediate value. :)

(there are just some other rudimentary things I would like to see done
around here too.)

BTW - this reminds me we need to get the OMR storage and submission system
ironed out and built.  Hopefully we can make some headway in the next week
before I go back to school (senior!!!! :) )

1 - Mookie was making an age based distinction(2), I tend to go on
maturity level. Except when you were slamming me in the great "blue
windows" /"hoarding connections to TLG" flamefest, ( :-) ) I tend to
think of you as adult. Adultness is not a function of age, it's a
function of behaviour.

LOL :)  Yeah...

2 - valid and I know she agrees with me, she was just making a point
that we're all adults, or mostly adults, here on LUGNET. (3) You guys
count.

Right, I understand both of your perspectives.  I agree, this is a place
where users should respect one another and act maturely.

3 - for now. Going forward the mix will change according to Todd. We
need to work some of these mentoring/behaviour/monitoring things out now
before things get more hectic.

I agree with the whole mentoring thing.  But I don't see how it can be
effectively implemented in this case.  I guess we'll just have to sit back
and see how it works - maybe some part of my mind is too clouded to see
what some others can see.  I just feel that this has drug on too long.  And
re-reading some references to posts by him that I have obtained via email
sours my taste for this whole situation.  Esp JW's complete disregard of
Tore's family situation for his concern about parts....(!)

http://www.lugnet.com/off-topic/geek/?n=377

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

Commonwealth Edison: What do you do with OUR power?

Get paid to surf the web!  Visit:
http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=DGO655