 CAD / Development / 2627
Re: Parts for LDraw or parts for POV-Ray?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 23:15:52 GMT

On 8/14/1999, at 1:29 PM, Paul Gyugyi wrote:

Bram Lambrecht wrote:

http://chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/LEGO/land/fallwtr.html

Very nice.  I also like the physical-lego waterfall. • (Waterfalls
are one of the hardest things to make, IMO).

I did a fractal terrain thing on my jade outpost model.
http://www.gyugyi.com/l3g0/darksun/L3/jade/outpost/outpost.html
I ended up with a set of 32x32 "terrain" baseplates at varying
resolution.  One trick is to only include the visible bricks,
and group things into larger bricks when possible.

Is there an ldraw-based terrain maker?

That is a very interesting scene. Really hard to describe :)

Ryan

"God is always polishing my personality, giving me new things to
work on. Since I've become a Christian, my whole perception of
life has changed."  Mike Gartner