 CAD / Development / 251
Re: My proposal for the orientation of new elements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:55:27 GMT

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:45:26 GMT, "onyx" <onyx@flash.net> wrote:

[big snip]

Good stuff, onyx.  One further thought on wheels/tires: the
Z-positioning should facilitate placing the wheel on axles.  For most
wheels, this is no big deal, the edge of the wheel meets the edge of the
brick.  But for some wheels/tires, the joining-part is inside the hub.
The space tires are an example of this (well, the medium space tire
is--I don't know about the others).

Also, for any new part, conformance to the orientation and positioning
of existing part(s) should be given weight.  If the existing parts are
wacky enough, we should consider breaking with the precedent, and
following the 'face front' standard. Fixing the existing part(s) in a
later update is possible, but it causes problems with models which use
those pieces.

Steve