 CAD / Development / 250
Re: DAT voting page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 12:31:32 GMT

Hello all,

Jonathan wrote:

regarding the patterns... I have no immediate plans to fix them as I am
going to be making more new parts...

Terry replied:

Jonathan, please reconsider.  Perfecting your pattern skills on the
existing parts would serve you well in making new parts.

I second Terry´s remark, on my computer I loose about 80% of the green and
white stripes when it renders the baseplates 606p33, 608p33 and 425p01.

Chris Dee wrote:

I'm only recently an ex-Win3.1 user - are there others out there who still
only have access to LDraw??

Yes, I´m one of those. At home I have no more than a MS-DOS 6.2 based
machine. I´ve already mentioned this in a recent mail to this list.

Chris Dee also wrote:

Roadsign Clip-on (x890)

Shouldn't this be modelled in its "natural" orientation - vertically?

I second that. On top of that I suggest to John VanZwieten to make a
"subpart without front" for this part and change x890 in a reference to the
subpart and definition of the frond faces only. This is to facilitate easy
implementation of the patterned front with the STOP-sign in the near future.
See the parts S\14S01.DAT, 14.DAT, 80039.DAT, 80045.DAT and 7284.DAT
to see how this works for the Roadsigns Round.

Steve Bliss, your memory is playing tricks with you, it is Manfred instead
of Frederick (I'm not offended, and I'm not from Germany)

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.