 CAD / Development / 223
Re: [PARTS] - Header keyword line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:43:04 GMT

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:33:23 GMT, sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk (Jacob Sparre
Andersen) wrote:

I would suggest that you just use KEYWORDS and choose words
that describes the part, but aren't used in the title. I
don't know if it is good or bad to use synonyms, but it
would probably ease searching.

I would include (some) synonyms in the KEYWORDS, but I'd also hope
better (ie, lugnet-based) search systems would be able to do a certain
amount of synonym-based searching.

Frederick wrote:
The two parts I'm starting with, 2635 and 2641, are a good testcase, because
both fit in multiple categories. Some of the (potential) words mentioned in
relation to these parts were: Airport, Boat, Frame, Crane, Harbour, Leg,
Train, Portal, Stadium, Stand, Support.

I don't think I would include all those words.

  2635: Frame, Portal, Stand, Support, A-Frame.
  2641: Leg, Stand, Support.

I'd skip Support and Stand.  Those are included in the parts'
descriptive name.

Notice I that I have removed all words that aren't "built
into the part".

I'd reverse that.  The descriptive name is the place to avoid contextual
references (is that the right 5USD term?).  The KEYWORDS would be the
place to stick theme- or set-based references, such as Airport, Boat,
etc.  Since people c/would search on these words.

Steve