 CAD / Development / 206
Re: [PARTS] - Header keyword line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:33:23 GMT

Adviesbureau Noord/Zuidlijn (nzlijn@euronet.nl) wrote:

I'm thinking of adding a keywords line to my (updated) part files, but I
don't know much about the functionality of this feature. A look in the FAQ
didn't help me either. Could someone answer these questions I have ?

I'll try. I haven't looked through my L-CAD archive so the
answers will be slightly vague.

1. What programs use the 0 KEYWORD-line (or was it CATEGORY) ?

None that I know of, but I expect it to be added to the
parts searcher soon.

2. Are there any rules or smart philosophies about what words I have to put
into the line.

I think CATEGORY was intended for things that belonged in
several categories and KEYWORDS was intended for a free
choice of keywords.

I would suggest that you just use KEYWORDS and choose words
that describes the part, but aren't used in the title. I
don't know if it is good or bad to use synonyms, but it
would probably ease searching.

3. Does it matter in witch order the keywords are, or can I just put them in
alphabetically.

The order is not important.

The two parts I'm starting with, 2635 and 2641, are a good testcase, because
both fit in multiple categories. Some of the (potential) words mentioned in
relation to these parts were: Airport, Boat, Frame, Crane, Harbour, Leg,
Train, Portal, Stadium, Stand, Support.

I don't think I would include all those words.

   2635: Frame, Portal, Stand, Support, A-Frame.
   2641: Leg, Stand, Support.

Notice I that I have removed all words that aren't "built
into the part".

Play well,

Jacob

        --  E-mail:         sparre@nbi.dk         --