 CAD / Development / 2182
  Re: LDAO Suggestion Mark 2

Should we add a search path in the ldraw.ini file? There is a performance hit if you specify the directories in a different order. The first time LDLite finds a reference to a file, it tries to open the file in /p directory, then /parts, etc. Trying (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDAO Suggestion Mark 2

(...) A definable search path would be good. Some ideas: 1. An ini-file setting. 2. Several ini-file settings, similar to the [Views] section. Let the user setup as many different ones as he wants, and pick one at render-time. 3. An environment (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDAO Suggestion Mark 2

(...) Definitely. (...) Both IMHO are necessary. I do all my non-LDAO (which is quite a bit) LDraw/LDLite stuff from the command-line. VC++ doesn't make it *that* hard to implement exotic command-line parameters, especially if one uses getopt(). I (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDAO Suggestion Mark 2

(...) One problem I have with the command-line option is that the command line is already long enough. But that doesn't mean that having the option is bad. (...) I was worried about the user more than the developer. (...) In VB, there's a function (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDAO Suggestion Mark 2

(...) Something to consider here is future expansion into a UNIX-ish (or Java, or Perl/TK, etc.) version of LDraw. The availability of setting startup parameters on the command-line in these cases is essential. (...) Oh. :-, I wonder if I'm a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)