 CAD / Development / 1680
Re: Cone primitives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 22:19:52 GMT

Certainly.  These are rare enough that 1-4 versions suffice pretty well • without
cluttering the primitives subdir. too much.  1-8 versions might be nice, • too,
but only if the 1-4 versions are there first.

What does the numeral at the end of the name signify?  (1-4con'3')

The 3 refers to the inner radius of the cone.  All cone primitives (like ring
primitives) are made with an outer radius which is 1 LDU greater than the inner
radius.  So a con3.dat would have inner-radius 3 and outer radius 4, a con4 has
inner radius 4 and outer radius 5, etc.

If I make a cone that matches the slop I need for the canopy, how would
I determine what to call it?

See above for naming of cones.  I'm pretty sure the current primitives are
sufficient to suit your needs.  Check out Steve Bliss' cone spreadsheet
mentioned in this thread.  If you still can't figure it out from that, post the
inner and outer radii and depth for the cones you need, and I'll work on it
when I get a chance.

-John Van