 CAD / Development / 1660
  99-03 Voting: Quick Comments  [DAT]

I haven't had a chance to examine the parts in detail, here are some comments from a casual review: 290.dat (large shock, lower half): - There are some angled (helical) internal surfaces. Should those be present? I will check for myself tonight. (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 99-03 Voting: Quick Comments

(...) This was a numbers group suggestion. These only come in 7xxxx codes (and hence, only in black), but Terry really wanted to release them color-16. Rather than use 3-digit codes for this, we based them off the codes for the non-threaded version (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 99-03 Voting: Quick Comments

(...) Rilly? Those axles were machined after they were molded, to add the threads? Cool. Steve (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 99-03 Voting: Quick Comments

(...) I wish I knew for a _fact_ that this is (was) the case, but I can't say so with any certainty. I would suppose that using an existing mold to create an axle, and then cutting threads into the element, makes a lot more sense than trying to (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 99-03 Voting: Quick Comments

(...) That is the same question I had about the construction. :-) And I liked Joshua's logic about the number. It groups them numerically very nicely, and saves using 3-digit #'s, so why not? (...) I would think so - without actually seeing the (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 99-03 Voting: Quick Comments

(...) Coz they didn't? The nut is a unique part, as far as I can tell. It is round, and ribbed on the outside (ribs parallel to the axle), and I've never seen a part that could be machined down to make it. (well, not easily, you could probably (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 99-03 Voting: Quick Comments

(...) Just spouting off a theory without any actual knowledge. :-) I was just theorizing that it would probably be simpler and more accurate to mold the basic nut shape, and then run a threaded tap through it to create threads. At least it seems to (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 99-03 Voting: Quick Comments

about the new windscreen... the keywords list should also include the boat keyword because it is used on the new town jr boats also the light blue squares pattern bricks need to have the stud.dat references made lowercase. and the yellow lines on (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 99-03 Voting: Quick Comments

(...) Good point. I also added 'city center' as a keyword. (...) Those are already noted in the fixed list. (...) Explain a little clearer which lines have problems? -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 99-03 Voting: Quick Comments

put a circle in. then put a t-junction next to it so that the short "arm" points up. look at the join up close. try both sides of the cross. (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)