 CAD / Development / 1672
Re: 99-03 Voting: Quick Comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 04:21:10 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
3705C01.DAT (Technic Axle  4 Threaded):
   - Why the C01 suffix?  This doesn't appear to be a compound part...
3737C01.DAT (Technic Axle 10 Threaded):
   - Ditto

This was a numbers group suggestion.  These only come in 7xxxx codes
(and hence, only in black), but Terry really wanted to release them
color-16.  Rather than use 3-digit codes for this, we based them off the
codes for the non-threaded version of each axle, so they'd group
nicely.  Plus, from a certain point of view, these ARE regular items
that have been modified, and so fit in the new C grouping (since we only
have P and C); much as a chromed item is a normal element that's had
something special done to it.

-- joshua