 CAD / Development / 1631
Re: Discussion-Large Technic Shock 2909c01.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 22:07:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jeff Boen writes:

one last addition on this subject from me...

the only drawback to my method of custom building a spring of X length, made
from the existing subparts, is that no matter how "compressed" the spring was
in your model, my method simply removes spring coils until the proper length
is reached.. therefore all springs in the model would have coils with
identical inclines, regardless of how compressed they are...

once again... no easy *and* accurate answer...

personally, i think just seeing the metal wrap around the shaft is enough
intricacy to please the eye.. worrying about how "scruntched" the coils are
(or should be) is probably a little too much time wasted that could be spent
building.. hehe!