 CAD / Development / 11157
Re: MLCad Group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2011 18:03:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
Hi all,

Currently I am working on a model where I make extensive use of Groups in MLCad
in combination with LPub command REMOVE GROUP. Regarding Groups in MLCad, can
someone verify this:

- Elements in a group should all be part of the same step in the model,
- Every element in a group should be preceeded by the "MLCAD BTG GroupName"
metacommand,
- The exact amount of elements should be in the GROUP metacommand.

Like so:

0 MLCAD BTG GroupName
1 x y z 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 part.dat
0 MLCAD BTG GroupName
1 x y z 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 part.dat
0 GROUP 2 GroupName

Thanks.

Jaco

Interesting indeed! Is there any kind of documentation on these META-commands
anywhere? I think this may be a better alternative to my unfinished LDSwitch
approach(?)

/Tore

Hi Tore,

  Jaco has documented it in the LPub4 web page.

  The idea is that buffer exchange is most commonly used for removing parts from
the previous step, but what if you want to remove something from an older step?
You could use buffer exchange, but then you'd have to add lots of steps parts
again to get the rest of the model back.....

  I created remove group for pneumatic and robot models, where you add one end
of a hose or cable to the model, but the place where the other end hooks up is
added in a future step.  When you've added the part where the other end
connects, you can remove the old version of the cable, and put in a new cable in
the proper shape.  I've seen this kind of thing in lots of LEGO pneumatic models
(my favorite :).

  I never got done with move group, which would be a different way to do the
exploded views currently done with buffer exchange.

Kevin