 CAD / Development / 11127
  Re: LDVIEW not working on Vista

(...) Where did you install the programs? Both Vista and Windows 7 treat the "C:\Program Files" folder hierarchy in a special, extra protected way. Many 'old' programs will work much better if installed outside of this folder, for example create (...) (13 years ago, 1-Mar-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDVIEW not working on Vista

(...) That may be a clue indeed, as all my (working) LDraw programs are installed in a C:\LDraw\apps folder. Philo (13 years ago, 2-Mar-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDVIEW not working on Vista

(...) Just as a note, I contacted Ludo via e-mail, and I am attempting to figure out what is going on. Since I haven't made much progress, I'm still happy for people to post suggestions here in this thread. Since he said it worked when launched from (...) (13 years ago, 2-Mar-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDVIEW not working on Vista

(...) This seems to indicate a problem with Win 7 write protection of the "C:\Program Files" hierarchy, or the Registry. Even if you are logged in as Administrator in Win 7, you are not running with full Administrator rights, *unless* the program (...) (13 years ago, 3-Mar-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDVIEW not working on Vista

Thanks for your suggestions. I want you to know that I really do appreciate them. I have some replies to them below. (The replies, taken by themselves, may imply that I'm being defensive, and that isn't my intention.) (...) That may be true, but the (...) (13 years ago, 3-Mar-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)